Who we are
Our approach to privacy
1. At Leisure Guard Travel Insurance we are committed to preserving the privacy of our customers and visitors to this website.
3. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is ROCK Insurance Services Ltd (registered number 04255878).
When is personal information collected?
4. ROCK Insurance Services Ltd will ask for personal information from you in a number of circumstances:
- when you purchase an insurance policy from us - whether online or through our customer service team;
- when you contact us to discuss an insurance policy;
- when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
What information is collected?
5. ROCK Insurance Services Ltd will collect:
- Contact details including email, address, name, age, telephone number.
- Credit/debit card details.
How your information is used
6. ROCK Insurance Services Ltd collect personal information to help us deliver an effective service as follows:
- to fulfil any existing and/or future insurance booking you make with us including necessary and associated payment arrangements and administration (exceptionally this may include sensitive personal data, for example relating to your health or disabilities) and you recognise that, by providing us with such sensitive personal data, you give your explicit consent to us to process such data for the purposes set out in this policy; If you give us personal data about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that you have told them who we are and what we will use their data for, as set out in this Policy.
- to provide any other product or service you have purchased from us;
- to deal with any queries or requests you have regarding your insurance and manage any amendments you may wish to make or changes we need to advise you about;
- to make information available to appropriate third parties where necessary in the event of an emergency;
- to provide you with information about products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you unless you have asked us not to contact you;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- for quality assurance testing, market analysis, systems testing, analysis of statistics, benchmarking, auditing and performance measures (which may include monitoring or recording your telephone conversations with us for the purposes set out herein).
7. ROCK Insurance Services Ltd may use your information for:
- Undertaking market research and statistical purposes
- Keeping You informed about promotions and new developments by email, telephone or post
8. ROCK Insurance Services Ltd may contact you from time to time to provide you with information which we think you may find of interest.
Contact may be made by post, telephone, email or social media unless you have asked ROCK Insurance Services Ltd not to contact you.
You can contact ROCK Insurance Services Ltd at any time to remove your details from our marketing database by writing to the following address: ROCK Insurance Services Ltd, Customer Services Department, Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 1DQ. Please give your name, postal address details and your email address.
9. To opt out of marketing from ROCK Insurance Services Ltd, please click here or write to ROCK Insurance Services Ltd, Customer Services Department, Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 1DQ. who will ensure that your information is not used for these purposes.
Disclosure of information to third parties
11. If we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our business, or if our business is merged, or enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we reserve the right to sell or transfer the databases maintained by us (including any personal information provided by you).
12. We employ security measures to protect the information provided by you from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
You should also be aware that communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the internet. ROCK Insurance Services Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Cookies and IP addresses
13. Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilises a standard technology to collect information about how our website is used by individual computers connected to the internet. Information is gathered through cookies and Web server logs which allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you.
Accessing your information
15. Individuals are entitled to see a copy of the personal information that we have collected and maintain about them. If you wish to do this, please email us here. We may charge a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with these details.
16. All comments, queries and other requests relating to our use of personal information should be sent by post to ROCK Insurance Services Ltd, Customer Services Department, Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 1DQ.
17. From time to time we may need to change the way we use your personal data. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we will write to you. When we do so, you will have 60 days to object to the change but if we do not hear from you within that time you consent to that change.